Friday, July 22, 2016

ENVoY

ENVoY  (Educational Non-Verbal Yardsticks)  A guide to classroom management
Michael Grinder, Founder

In June I attended the two-day training seminar for this systematic approach to non-verbal management.  I'd like to share my following brief summary.

While I am teaching, I will try to keep in mind the power of influence with these four focus points:

Body
     Posture (straight, weight even on both feet)
     Proximity (silently move to routine place in front of class)
     Location (stand still & settle in a freeze-body position)

Voice
     Volume (use ABOVE (p a u s e) whisper! )
     Speed
     Tone

Eyes
     Where (varies for certain situations)
     When                    "

Breathing
     Break & Breathe (use this technique when needed)
     Low and deep



No comments:

Post a Comment